Please, forgive the audacity of my request but I beg a boon. I can decipher Spells of Legend but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a message to my father in my homelands of the Etrinan Fortress for the Serinan Tribe. I have traveled and seen the greatness of the church. I am in awe and no longer question why the gods need such donations of gold. Since we mortal creatures have a requirement to use it as commerce. Clearly much is needed as the church in many ways is a nation unto itself. I asked Father Indaris to paint a picture of the two of you on a journey somewhere in Lopan. The rest would have been colored but he needed sleep for we are in deep research here at the Library of Bletherad. To keep you from violating the “Agreement” I would be fine with a delay so the church artisans may copy the picture and sell the reproduction.
I am sorry for my selfish request because of all the people I see the church help but I’ll never know if I don’t ask, all of my elders would say. Can you please find a way to get this home for me discreetly with a “hidden spell pigeon” I suppose? Thank you in advance for any assistance and I hope the painting idea keeps you whole and hale. Well, I should get on with it then.
Father, I hope that is the proper way to address you now? May Anzuroq keep you safe from harm, and I hope your fellow diarch, Chieftain Xixin is doing well. Given that I have access to the world’s largest library I looked up rulerships by two people and found the ancient Elves had many a Diarchy, and the Dwarves seemed to prefer the term Duumvirate or Duoviri depending on your chosen author. I am going to attempt to keep this brief because I asked to Pontiff to send this to you discreetly.
- Above is the note about the painting because I thought you would like one.
- I have acquired and currently bonding with a “rune-sword” and “rune-ring” because each item’s previous owners are dead. One was a friend and the other taken from an enemy.
- Master Aesyl, touched a skull dipped in molten silver and used the mental power of Object Reading to learn that it belonged to an ancient demon hunter named, Arheleg Hescu. A Gargoyle Mage of Hades dips them in silver when he kills his enemies. This is the last knowledge he was able to share with the world before a tornado in the Wastelands pulled him from us and scattered his body in fragments miles away. All I could find was this skull. The Monks of Bletherad have mounted the skull on the top of central book case detailing items about the Wastelands of Baalgor in his honor.
- Before the quest is over CrIsis will have to travel to Hades and fight Modeus for the Lawgiver’s Skull.
- There may indeed be a chance I will return home once more on the way to the Kingdom of Giants to take the Lawgiver’s piece in the hands of the King of the Giants.
- Luur’na had best get right with “She of Countless Names”, or when we cross paths once more I will arrange a meeting for her, just like the other traitors to the tribe. Harming my family is unacceptable, period.
- On a good note, I have been made a citizen of the Timiro Kingdom, under the rule of King Guy the First. They have abolished slavery and I don’t have to hide my form in this land! Baby steps I know but it is a start!
That is about all I can tell you right now. Oh, one last thing, I have seen love wreck our productivity in this quest so if I can ask one thing. If you know someone that might be a good match for me when I return. If I am still on this quest then PLEASE DON’T LET ME MEET HER! I don’t want to fall in love and forget why I am here. I promised “She of Countless Names” to rebuild her husband, not make a family of my own. I suppose it helps that I have no idea what I am really doing with women anyhow. So it all works out for the best right now.
>> Written by Xerx’ses Goldenhorn, written at Highmoon upon the 3 rd of Corg, 3rd year of King Guy the First of the Timiro Kingdom, 71st Year of the Wolfen Empire, 344 year of the Dominion of Man, and 24th Year of the Western Emperor Voelkian Itomas II. <<
All art by AZ_Rune.