Campaign of the Month: April 2012
Unsuccessful scroll conversion can mean dire consequences. There is a 40% chance of no effect. Dire effects known to occur are explosions, paralysis, lightning, blinding, metamorphosis, color or appearance change, or summoning minions of the opposite side!
Unsuccessful scroll conversion can mean dire consequences, same as above except demons may be summoned. 20% chance of no effect.
Successful scroll conversion may not be exactly what you wanted. 40% chance of unstable spell, 20% chance of correct spell but 1/2 strength, duration, range & damage, and 40% chance of perfect.
You can have 10 spells at level 1 memorized, plus 1 more per level. Example- A level 6 wizard has up to 15 spells memorized (10 + 5 levels). Scroll and spell book reading rules are casting time plus one attack for levels 1-10, so levels 1-5 use up two attacks, and level 6-10 uses 3 attacks. Levels 11-15 and Spells of Legend use 5 attacks.
As per Main p. 247. First level takes 2 days, second 4, 3rd 6 days, etc.
We have added an Adjustment in learning spells: Take 1 hour off/level of time to learn spell for the spell casters level learning, and 1 hour off/level for teachers level.